Plans for 2023
• Measurement of the horizontal flux of cosmic ray muons with ASNT spectrometer.
• Measurement of the positron flux enhancements during thunderstorms.
• Analyses of the recent data of proton energy spectra in the PeV region, calculation of the biases in the energy estimation of PeVatrons by LHAASO experiment.
• Measurement of Solar proton events, Geomagnetic effects, and Forbush decreases with the SEVAN network in the coming maximum of the 25th solar cycle, which outperforms the official forecast.
• Research of the thunderstorm ground enhancements, exploring relations between relativistic runaway process in the atmosphere (RREA) and enhanced particle fluxes measured on the Earth's surface (TGE).
• Recover differential energy spectra with four particle spectrometers (ASNT, SEVAN, CUBE, NaI) in the broad energy interval from 300 KeV to 100 MeV;
• Simulation of the RREA process in the strong atmospheric electric fields with CORSIKA and GEAN4 codes;
• Developing methodology and performing measurements of the vertical and horizontal profile of the atmospheric electric field with extending network of particle detectors and the slopes of Mt. Aragats and with a mobile measuring facility.
• Measurements of the modulation of the cosmic-ray flux traversing the electrified atmosphere. Remote sensing of electric fields in the lower atmosphere by measuring the energy spectra of electrons and gamma rays.
• Maintaining and modernizing experimental facilities and technical infrastructure on research stations and the SEVAN network.
• Modernizing networking infrastructure, data transfer, storage, and providing access to users worldwide.
• Modernization of ADEI knowledge platform, update WiKi site, perform visual tutorials, add new data analysis features, and develop a mirror site in Germany.
• The International Space Weather Initiative (ISWI) annual meeting 10 February 2023, Vienna UN headquarters. United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space was launched ISWI in 2009 and formally concluded as an agenda item of the Committee in 2012. However, ISWI activities continued and, since 2013, are discussed under the new permanent agenda item on Space Weather in the Scientific and Technical Subcommittee of the Committee.
A.Chilingarian, T.Karapetyan, B.Sargsyan, Report on SEVAN network activities in 2022.
• EGU General Assembly 2023, Vienna, April 23-28. SEVAN European particle detector network for the atmospheric, solar, and space weather studies, by Tigran Karapetyan, A.Chilingarian, and B.Sargsyan.
• August 2023 - Ar-Bra summer school, Nor Amberd
• October 2023 – SEVAN users meeting, Nor Amberd